Have you ever wondered why people start business outlets in a Mall although there are huge rents and maintenance cost involved? Are they idiot enough to do business in spite of such huge investment? We’ll tell you the reason. Malls are like huge marketplace where millions of customers visit for their requirements. Opening outlet in such huge marketplace increases chances of more customers to get attracted towards your products.
In same manner, Flipkart is a online marketplace where millions of customers looking for various products for their so and so requirements daily. So by putting your products on a marketplace like Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, Shopclues or Jabong will increase chances of your products viewed by vast number of customers.
It is always good to sell your products in some widely popular shop, where plenty of customers visiting daily rather opening your own shop and spend lots of money for attracting customers towards your shop.
Most suitable business for women – specially housewives!
If you are a housewife, you must have thought of earning from home at some time. If yes then this idea is certainly for you. You do not need to go anywhere as you can even do your work from you kitchen. You just need a PC and active internet connection. No boss, no monthly targets, no fix hours of work – means total flexibility. You can do it in your free time. All yours 🙂 🙂 🙂 For other business that women can do fro kitchen, see 3 easy business ideas for women – business from kitchen
You can register yourself as a seller on seller.flipkart.com with your proposed business details. For that you may need some legal guidance on few thing like any other business need – like a current bank account, PAN, VAT registration number or TIN – Taxpayer’s Identification Number and TAN.
If you’re serious about registering on Flipkart, here are some common FAQs
We are present Some FAQ thats is common questions for every entrepreneurs who’s wanna register on Flipkart.
1. What is a seller account? Seller account is the credentials that you use to operate on the Flipkart seller portal. A seller account is created as soon as the seller successfully signs up during the first step of the registration process.
2. How do I register? You can start the registration process by going to https://seller.flipkart.com and clicking on the “Start Selling” button.
3. When is the registration process complete? The registration is completed after you have provided all the required information during the 3-step registration process, filled out Manage Profile, and carried out all the verification processes.
4. Why do I need to verify my email address? The email address you have provided now will be set as your login email and primary contact email. You can use login email ID to log on to your Flipkart seller account. You will receive all communications from Flipkart on the primary contact email address.
5. Can I change my contact email later? You can only update the primary contact email but not the login email. You will receive all communications from Flipkart on the primary contact email. You can update it on the Manage Profile page after you have completed your registration.
6. Why do I have to verify my mobile number? The contact number you have provided now will be set as your login contact number and primary contact number. You can use your login contact number to log on to your Flipkart seller account. You will receive all communications from Flipkart on the primarycontact number.
7. Can I change my contact number later? You can only update the primary contact number but not the login contact number. You can change it on the Manage Profile page after you have completed your registration. You
will receive all communications from Flipkart on the primary contact number.
8. What should I do if my Pin Code is not serviceable? You can try any other Pinodes from where you can sell or wait for the Pin Code you entered to become serviceable. It is recommended that you save the details of your Pin Code and categories by clicking on the ‘Continue’ button.
9. Will I face any problem if my pick up address is different from my Registered TIN/VAT? As long as the pick up address is in the same state as your registered TIN, it is not a problem.
10. Is VAT/TIN document mandatory for selling? Yes, VAT/TIN document is required for selling products other than books and fabric. However, you can complete your seller registration process without the VAT/TIN.
11. How will I be notified when my Pin Code becomes serviceable? You will receive an email on your primary contact email address notifying you on the serviceability of the Pin Code you want to sell from
12. How will I be notified when my category becomes available? You will receive an email on your primary contact email address notifying you on the availability of the category you want to sell in.
13. What is PAN? Why is it required? Permanent account number (PAN) is a unique alphanumeric combination issued by the Income Tax department. PAN is a must as per tax regulations. Please provide your company’s PAN OR individual PAN, in case you are the proprietor. PAN is mandatory to sell onFlipkart.
14. What is TIN/VAT? Why is it required? It is Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN) mentioned in the Value Added Tax (VAT) registration certificate. TIN is mandatory if you wish to sell products other than books and fabric. However, you can complete your registration process without the VAT/TIN.
15. What is TAN? Why is it required? TAN refers to Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number, which is a 10 digit alphanumeric number. TAN document is used by Flipkart to apply for ‘NIL withholding certificates’.
It is non mandatory.
16. Why should my business name be same as the TIN? Government rules dictate that business name should be the same as in the TIN.
17. Can I update my PAN/TIN/TAN later on? Yes, you can update the PAN/TIN/TAN details on the Manage Profile page after you have completed the registration steps. But the documents haven’t yet been verified. After the documents are verified, you can raise a ticket with Seller Support to update the documents.
18. How can a TIN/PAN discrepancy occur? A TIN/PAN discrepancy can occur if:
- The TIN/PAN provided by you while registering your business does not match the number on the scanned copy of VAT registration certificate/PAN card uploaded by you
- Another seller registers under the same TIN/PAN
19. Why is the status of my account pending? The status of an account could be pending because of the following reasons:
- Registration steps are incomplete
- Manage Profile is not filled out
- Verification are pending
- Bank account has changed
- Primary phone number has changed
- Primary email address has changed
- Area Pin Code is not serviced by Flipkart Marketplace
- KYC process is pending
20. What does an ‘inactive’ account status mean? An inactive account means that you can’t sell, list, get payments, and process existing orders. However, you can log on to your account and access your seller portal and respond to buyer actions.
21. How will my seller account become inactive? Your account could become inactive for anyof the following reasons:
- KYC process is incomplete
- KYC has failed
- You have a high settlement defect rate
- You have a high return rate
22. What can I do to make my inactive account active? You can do the following to help Flipkart Marketplace reactivate your seller account:
- Comply with the KYC process
- Lower your settlement defect rate
- Lower your return rate
23. What does a ‘Blacklisted’ account status mean? A blacklisted account means you will not be allowed to log on to your account. Once blacklisted, your will not be able to access your seller account and your products will no longer be visible on www.flipkart.com.
24. Why will my seller account be blacklisted? An account could be blacklisted for one of the following reasons:
- Selling fake products
- Poor performance
- Fake claims
- Breach of contract
- Selling prohibited products
- Violation of Mature Audience Listing Policy
- Consistent negative feedback
- High number of disputes
- MRP breach
- Threat and abuse
- Fake reviews/ratings
25. If I were blacklisted, how can I be reinstated? A seller can re-apply after 6 months to be reinstated. Flipkart will consider the request and make a decision.
26. What does an ‘active’ account status mean? An active account means you can log on to your seller account and access your listings you can sell, and respond to buyer actions.You will also receive payments for orders fulfilled.
27. Who is a preferred seller? A preferred seller is one who is considered the best for a particular product and is shown at the top of the sellers’ list. A seller becomes preferred based on parameters such as settlement defect rate, last sale, SLA, price, etc. However, not every preferred seller for a product is a trusted seller and a trusted seller may not be a preferred seller.
28. Who is a Tier-2 seller? All new sellers are Tier-2 sellers. When a seller’s settlement defect rate becomes less than 5% consistently for one month and s/he completes 30 successful transactions, s/he graduates to Tier 1
29. Who is a Tier-1 seller and what are its benefits? A Tier-1 seller is one who has completed at least one month on Flipkart Marketplace with at least 30 successful transactions and a settlement defect rate of less than 5%. However, a Tier-1 seller can backslide to Tier-2 if the settlement defect rate exceeds 5%. The payment process for a Tier-1 seller is faster: dispatch date + 5 business days.
30. When does a seller move from Tier 2 to Tier 1? When a tier 2 seller fulfils all the following conditions, S/he moves to tier 1:
- Must have been on Flipkart Marketplace for at least one month
- Must have at least 30 successful transactions
- Must have a settlement defect rate of less than 5%
31. When does a seller move from Tier 1 to Tier 2? When the settlement defect rate exceeds 5%, a tier 1 seller slides back to tier 2.
32. How does a seller return to Tier-1 from Tier-2? A seller who has slid to Tier-2 from Tier-1 can return to Tier 1 by bringing his settlement defect rate to less than 5% consistently for a month.
These FAQs and registration process details is taken from www.myonlineca.in.